Niagara Falls Museums logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Accession number L997.D.017
Catalog Number L997.D.017
Object Name Map. Town Of Niagara Falls, 1901
Scope & Content MAP. Town of Niagara Falls, 1901
MAP, TOWN OF NIAGARA FALLS; TOWNSHIP OF STAMFORD AND COUNTY OF WELLAND, ONTARIO; WALL HANGING; FILED AS PLAN NO. 35 FOR THE TOWN OF NIAGARA FALLS IN PLAN INDEX BOOK NO. ONE, SEPT. 5TH, 1901; THE MAP IS OF A FINE LINEN BACKING OVERLAID WITH BROWN PAPER; WOODEN ROD ALONG TOP AND BOTTOM OF MAP, WHICH IS DETACHED IN PLACES; VERY DIRTY; CRACKS; PAPER LOSSES; WATER MARKS, BUT IN FAIR CONDITION CONSIDERING ITS AGE AND STORAGE: (McKENZIE'S CHINA SHOP ATTIC, CHIPPAWA); SOME LOCAL ADVERTISERS IN BOX ADS AT BOTTOM OF PAGE ARE AS FOLLOWS: ALEXANDER FRASER, BARRISTER; GERMAN AND BATTLE, BARRISTERS; FRED W. HILL, BARRISTER; F.W. GRIFFITHS, BARRISTER; F.C. McBURNEY, BARRISTER; W. NICHOLS, ARCHITECT; GRIBBLE & GONDER, AUCTIONEERS; J.H. McGARRY, M.D.; DR. E.T. KELLAM, M.D.; DR. ERNEST WILSON, M.D.; S.P EMES, M.D.; N.B. COLCOCK, BROKER; DR. H.G. ROBB, DENTIST; THE WINDSOR HOUSE, BRIDGE ST.; W.R. PRICE, MEN'S CLOTHING; ANDERSON & LOGAN, TAILORS; JOHN ROBINSON, FIRE INSURANCE AGENT; 40.5 CM LONG, 66.5 CM WIDE.
Creator "J.H. JACKSON, O.L.S."