Niagara Falls Museums logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Accession number L983.D.018
Catalog Number L983.D.018.003
Object Name Postcard, Bridge
Scope & Content POSTCARD, BRIDGE
POSTCARD, RIVER; 13.6 X 8.5 CM; (UNUSED); COLOURED; ENTITLED LEWISTON BRIDGE, NIAGARA RIVER, NIAGARA FALLS; EARLY 1900'S. NOTE: THIS BRIDGE WAS OPENED TO THE PUBLIC IN JULY, 1899. THE BRIDGE CONNECTS LEWISTON ON THE AMERICAN SIDE AND QUEENSTON, NAMED AFTER QUEEN CHARLOTTE ON THE CANADIAN SIDE. THE FIRST SUSPENSION BRIDGE AT THIS POINT WAS ERECTED IN 1850 AND WAS WRECKED BY A HURRICANE IN 1865.